Dear Esther is an experimental first-person art video game developed by The Chinese Room for Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X and Linux.
Dear Esther immerses you in a stunningly realised world, a remote and desolate island somewhere in the outer Hebrides. As you step forwards, a voice begins to read fragments of a letter: "Dear Esther..." - and so begins a journey through one of the most original first-person games of recent years. Abandoning traditional gameplay for a pure story-driven experience, Dear Esther fuses its beautiful environments with a breathtaking soundtrack to tell a powerful story of love, loss, guilt and redemption.
Forget the normal rules of play; if nothing seems real here, it’s because it may just be all a delusion. What is the significance of the aerial -- What happened on the motorway -- is the island real or imagined -- who is Esther and why has she chosen to summon you here? The answers are out there, on the lost beach, the windswept cliffs and buried in the darkness of the tunnels beneath the island… Or then again, they may just not be, after all…
- Every play-through a unique experience, with randomly generated audio, visuals and events.
- Explore Incredible environments that push the Source engine to new levels of beauty.
- A poetic, semi-randomised story like you've never experienced in a game before.
- Stunning soundtrack featuring world-class musicians.
- An uncompromisingly inventive game delivered to the highest AAA standards.
What are the system requirements?
Below are the system specifications for Dear Esther Steam Key GLOBAL. Due to potential programming changes, the minimum system requirements for this product may change over time.
- OS: Microsoft Windows XP / Vista
- PROCESSOR: Intel core 2 duo 2.4GHz
- GRAPHICS: NVidia 7600 / ATI X1600
- MEMORY: 1GB XP / 2GB Vista
- DISK SPACE: 2 GB HD