Risk of Rain is a fast paced video game blending exciting platforming sections, stylish pixelated graphics, and roguelike mechanics which will keep you coming for more. Better yet: if features online co-op for up to 4 players, making it a great option for a quick gaming session before jumping into bigger games, although there’s a good chance you’ll just keep playing and trying out different characters.
Every new game of Risk of Rain 1 puts you and your fellow players in randomized 2D world you can freely explore, at least until the monsters come and you find yourselves frantically fighting for survival. Your task, beyond surviving, is simple: find the teleport and get to the next level. Every time you warp, your money is converted to valuable experience points.
The difficulty gradually rises with time, so if you think you can handle more challenging gameplay, you can delay activating the portal and hope for the appearance of a boss monster. Thankfully, there are plenty of useful items which can drop to help you out. They won’t win the fight for you, but might give you just enough extra oomph to survive.
Your avatars in the pixelated 2D world of Risk of Rain come in 12 different classes, each uniquely suited to a specific playstyle. Ranging from the basic Commando to specialists such as Sniper or CHEF, a character with absolutely deadly cooking skills. Each Survivor has their own unique version of primary and secondary attacks, as well as a utility ability, and an ultimate power which can be really handy in a pinch. Assuming you can unlock them in the first place, since itcan be a challenge in its own right.
- Simple, but effective premise – Risk of Rain’s story is very simple: find teleporters which will eventually lead you to your crashed spaceship so that you can leave the dangerous planet you're on.
- 12 unique classes – you start out with a Commando, but by completing more or less complex task you’ll quickly start unlocking more specialized characters which might suit your playstyle better.
- Excellent for co-op – while it is playable in single-player RoR features online cooperative multiplayer for up to four Survivors, and with the steadily growing difficulty you’ll need that help if you want to see the end.
- Excellent platforming action – Risk of Rain’s 2D aesthetic doesn’t prevent it from offering tense, exciting action, especially when enemies come charging at you and the teleporter isn’t active yet.
What are the system requirements?
Below are the system specifications for Risk of Rain Steam Gift GLOBAL. Due to potential programming changes, the minimum system requirements for this product may change over time.
- OS: Windows XP
- PROCESSOR: 2.53GHz Pentium 4 / Athlon XP 2700+
- GRAPHICS: GeForce 210 / Radeon X600 Series
- MEMORY: 1 GB
- DISK SPACE: 130 MB
- OS: Windows XP
- PROCESSOR: 2.0GHz Core 2 Duo E4400 / Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 4200+
- GRAPHICS: GeForce GT 340 / Radeon X1900 GT
- MEMORY: 2 GB
- DISK SPACE: 1 GB