Stronghold Crusader 2 is a real-time strategy game, developed and published by Firefly Studios. It is a sequel to Stronghold Crusader. Unlike its predecessor, game features a 3D graphics engine, rendering the environments and units with great detail. Other features of the gameplay include improved enemy AI, dynamic events occurring on the game map, and others.
Gameplay in 3D
The key feature that differentiates Crusader 2 from the first installment of the series is the transition from 2D into 3D rendering. The maps and units come to life on the screen in full detail. The game retains some of its predecessors' aesthetics, such as tile-based movement and construction. Stronghold 2 introduces new units, as well as AI characters. Each of these formidable opponents, as Slave King, the Shah, and Sultana, have a unique battle strategy, units, and settlements. Another new addition are the dynamic events, which can be triggered by the player on the map. Such events can vary from sandstorms to assaults from a swarm of locusts.
Time to march on a crusade of a lifetime! Enter the trail of battle with your loyal army and lead them from skirmish to skirmish, claiming victory over increasingly stronger enemies! Explore and take over faraway lands and use their resources to support your campaign and make your strength grow with each overthrown warlord and conquered settlement. Will you answer the sound of a horn, calling you into battle?
Stronghold Crusader II came out to solid reviews from the critics. They noted that the gameplay mechanics, while not that different from the previous title in the series, were decent and reminiscent of the classic RTS games. Some reviewers pointed out to the engaging nature of the game, which could drag the player in for hours. Overall, Stronghold Crusader 2 is considered a decent game, with dynamic gameplay and detailed graphics as its main selling points.
- Enter the crusade for domination over the world and face opponents awaiting you along the way,
- Create an undefeatable army and lead it into victory in a series of skirmishes,
- Build your settlement and manage its growth through the economy,
- Battle a variety of different AI characters, all with different backstories, units and battle strategies,
- Face other players online in PvP multiplayer matches.
What are the system requirements?
Below are the system specifications for Stronghold Crusader 2 Steam Key GLOBAL. Due to potential programming changes, the minimum system requirements for this product may change over time.
- OS: Windows XP / Vista / 7 / 8
- PROCESSOR: 2 GHz - Intel Core 2 Duo
- GRAPHICS: 512 MB VRAM - NVIDIA GeForce 8800GT / AMD Radeon HD 2900XT
- MEMORY: 2 GB RAM
- DISK SPACE: 6 GB HD
- OS: Windows Vista / 7 / 8 64-bit
- PROCESSOR: Intel Core i5
- GRAPHICS: 1 GB VRAM - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460 / AMD Radeon HD 5830
- MEMORY: 8 GB RAM
- DISK SPACE: 4 GB HD